Some may be wondering where the name of the ministry came from?
A Portion Ministries
Let me give a quick history and share this portion of my testimony (Rev 12:11).
The theme scripture for "A Portion" is Proverbs 31:15 She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants.
Back in 1999 I used to get up early in the morning with a hunger to know God, not church or religion, but God. This was before the internet was so accessible, so I would spread my books out on my kitchen table and diligently seek to know God and His word. On the flip side, to be able to keep such a busy schedule, I would cook dinner in the morning while there in the kitchen. It was about a year later when one of the people I studied with was sitting there and saw this concept: that since I get up in the morning digging out the truths in the word of God and sharing with them, this would be a good ministry name. I received a witness within my spirit that this was to be the name of what He was empowering me to do. Now 9 years later, it is truly making sense.
http://www.wix.com/paulettex7/a-portion-1
When you get a moment, check out the website, visit the download tab and the book tab to glean from these early morning times with the Lord. Be blessed.
~Min Paulette Denise~
No comments:
Post a Comment