Hello Family – I just wanted to share one of my daily devotionals. With this being the holiday season, the depression attacks come more often…but keep in mind that we celebrate the birth/ death/ resurrection of Jesus Christ 365 days per year, and we should be a giving people all year long – so we don’t get caught up into the holiday stress that the world creates. My true friends know that this is how I live year round. So have a blessed week…
~P~
December 20th - God Calling devotional:
Fight fear as you would fight a plague. Fight it in My name…Fear, even the smallest fear, is the hacking at the cords of Love that bind you to Me.
However small the impression, in time those cords will wear thin, and then one disappointment, or shock, and they snap. But for the little fears the cords of Love would have held.
Fight fear.
Depression is a state of fear. Fight that too. Fight. Fight. Depression is the impression left by fear. Fight and conquer, and oh! for Love of Me, for the sake of My tender, never-failing Love of you, fight and love and win.
My bible promise for today: Psalm 64:1 “Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.”
My thoughts: thank You Lord for continually exposing the plans/tricks of the enemy…
Hey A Portion... my name is Sandra. I read several blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I ran across this prayer exchange website and I haven't had the chance to ask my Church what their stance is on it.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit confused, I think that there are some benefits to a site like this but some Christians might find it questionable.
The website is http://www.prayermarket.com/.
If you're looking for a topic to blog about, I would be curious to hear your thoughts and know what your stance is on this type of prayer service.
I have your blog in my feed reader so i'll check back, God bless
Sandra J.
Hi Sandra, I checked it out. It is a good tool for those learning to pray, but not something that I would do personally. Not being biased or anything, but I prefer to pray scripturally, and not everyone does so. Yet it is a good tool to teach someone how prayer works, a good visual...my only caution is to keep it based on the word, not feelings, emotions, or opinions.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I prefer to release my personal prayer requests to trusted intercessors and people whom the Lord directs me to. You are correct, it can cause confusion, as 2 of the prayers I read are not lined up with the word...
It is the word of God that God is obligated to watch over, not our wishes, desires, and opinions
Thanks for adding me to your feed reader, I will pick up on posting in 2011, I was finishing up a book project this year - more details to come.
~P~