I was speaking with a friend this afternoon, and it reminded me of something I studied out a while ago. Just want to chronicle it here & share with others.
God's wait - when God has you in a "wait" season of your life...because God carries the weights in the wait (the lay aside every weight) of it. Wait from God is like being on an airplane, ready to land, but receiving a message that there is a delay. Therefore, the airplane can not land, it has to stay in the air, in a holding pattern. Whatever the reason for the delay, whether it is congestion at the airport, or bad weather, you still have to wait. And the thing about airplanes, they purposely add extra fuel to take into consideration possible delays in the holding pattern.
It is so much easier to WAIT upon the Lord, when you have truly WEIGHTED upon the Lord - cast your cares and concerns that can weigh you down. Or as the bible says, the sin that so easily entangles you...
Another point we saw about the holding pattern is that you are there, you are in the right place, but delays prolong the landing - and the holding pattern happens in the air, usually the unseen...
Just sharing something to provoke your thinking and help those in the WAIT process/season of life.
~P~
God is so awesome. I listened to your brother doubting his career today, saying there's nothing happening, I'm afraid I'm gonna loose? Wow I said Dude I don't know what the say but that we're in a holding pattern right now we can't give up. But of course he was not receptive to that, and I get home the first post on my face book is this! Yes there's nothing like confirmation from God!!
ReplyDeletethx for this I hope I can get him to read it too!
Wow! I just read this. Look at how God orchestrates stuff! more to come...
ReplyDelete~P~